Alana Mitchell’s tried and true tips for cleansing your skin, minus the harsh, stripping effects.
1. Yes, you need to wash your face in the AM! You should always wash last night's products off your skin, as well as the dirt and oil that can accumulate while you rest (I'm looking at you, pillow case!).
2. ALWAYS wash your hands before you wash your face. This might seem odd, but trust me, you do not want to rub the germs on your hands onto your face while your trying to cleanse it! Your skin will thank you.
3. Wash your face 2x in the PM. The end of the day means its time to wash away dirt, oil, makeup, and free radicals! Cleanse twice to make sure you've taken it all off for truly clean skin.
4. Yes, there is such a thing as the right cleanser for your skin type! For instance: oily skin users might love gel cleansers, while dry skin users prefer creamy cleansers. I am personally a fan of foaming cleansers (great for all skin types), which is why I made my Alana Mitchell Foaming Pumpkin Cleanser just that!
5. Be temperature aware! Hot water and devices can dry out your skin. Stick with comfortably warm (not hot) and finish off your cleansing routine with a splash of cold water to close your pores.
Busy Mom and Celebrity Esthetician Alana Mitchell is all about healthy, glowing, moisturized, and wrinkle free skin. And her NEW Foaming Pumpkin Cleanser aims to deliver just that! No artificial fragrances, No Parabens, No petroleum, and No Silicones!
With Pumpkin everything surging in popularity in the skin care world, it is only natural that you may have wondered if this is powerhouse ingredient might be right for you.
“Pumpkin Seed Oil is definitely one of my favorite skincare ingredients. It is gentle, effective, and delivers all of the hydration and benefits of pumpkin enzymes, minus the harshness or irritation,” says Alana Mitchell, “When I first started creating my skin care line, I knew I have to include some seriously amazing Pumpkin Seed Oil products, and my Foaming Pumpkin Cleanser was the perfect way to kick-off that goal!”
Designed for all skin types, Alana’s Foaming Pumpkin Cleanser has been used and loved by all who try it! “Skincare is really personal,” says Alana. “but Pumpkin Seed Oil is such a wonderful and versatile ingredient, because it works for so many different skin types and conditions. Bonus points: it is not stripping and can even help to brighten up the complexion!
The most important thing is finding a trusted brand and a product that works for your unique skin. Do your research, especially when purchasing from Amazon, always check the ingredients list and make sure the company is legitimate. If they do not appear to have much of a company presence away from amazon (no day spas that actually use their products, not much company history or about us info) run away!
A seasoned veteran in the skin care industry, Alana’s online store, skincarebyalana.com, was voted as the spot to shop for “Good-For- You Skin Care” in InStyle’s Best of the Web 2010 awards. She has also enjoyed a handful of celebrity clientele, including the beautiful Housewives of Beverly Hills star, Brandi Glanville. “I buy all of my Epicuren products from skincarebyalana.com!” Glanville says, “I love everything about Alana’s company, from the expert customer service, to the affordable shipping, to the fast delivery. SkinCare by Alana is truly amazing!”
Alana currently offers three namesake products. Her is the only foaming pumpkin cleanser on the market, made without any artificial ingredients or parabens. Her is the perfect option for dry, combo, and even sensitive skin types, delivering a hydrating yet lightweight boost of moisture to the skin. And her uses a unique, shelf stable Vitamin C (at 20% concentration) to hydrate and boost skin health on dry, combo, and sensitive skin.
No stranger to being mistaken as younger than her actual age, Alana is a living, walking spokeswoman for how beautiful healthy skin can be. Her daily makeup consists of her favorite tinted moisturizer, mascara, and a lip gloss, which really allows her natural beauty to shine through. Focusing on maintaining healthy skin, rather than covering up with various makeup products, is her formula to confidence, and beautiful skin as you age.
“One of the biggest mistakes women make is thinking they can ‘cover it up now, and take care of it later’.” Alana says. “While covering up a problem may look good today, the only way to truly beautify your skin and boost skin health is to take the steps to care for it. I like to think of my skin care routine as an investment. An added bonus? It often doubles as ‘me time’.”
After growing up in the skin care industry (seriously, her daycare was a day spa), Alana went on to obtain her Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, followed by an Esthetician License.
“Skin care has always been a huge part of my life! I grew up in a day spa, and I absolutely loved it. So it seemed only natural to open up my own.” Says Alana.
A business owner, mommy to two, and skin care expert, Alana is also a devoted wife to husband and business partner, Jared Mitchell.
“I started my business on a laptop, in a 70 square foot room. To watch it grow so tremendously, and to now have that I love and am proud of, is a dream come true,” She says. “My line is all about ingredient transparency and results, and I cannot wait to come out with more! I am so grateful for my beautiful clients, who have supported me in my journey and continue to inspire me.”
To read more about what inspires me, click here to view my blog